CalendarView by: Month Week Day Submit an Event
Adults on the Autism Spectrum - Virtual Support Group Meeting
December 16, 2020 6:30pm
Adults on the Autism Spectrum - Virtual Monthly Support Group Meeting
DATE: Wednesday, December 16, 2020
TIME: 6:30 to 8:00 pm (Central Time)
Computer/Mobile Device: https://meet.jit.si/adultsontheautismspectrum
Note: Jitsi is an end to end encryption program
Phone Call in: 1-512-647-1431
Meeting Pin (for phone access): 1499 1165 50#
For call in: Once prompted enter following PIN, 1499 1165 50# (make sure # sign is entered after 0 at very end of pin to connect).
There is also a jitsi app on IOS and Android. Should you choose to utilize that when it asks for room you will type in: adultsontheautismspectrum and hit join.
Group organizer’s name will display as “Lud” K.
Agenda: Meeting for professional adults who are employed or wanting to seek integrated employment who are on the autism spectrum and looking for a place of support and socializing from fellow peers who are on the autism spectrum. This meeting normally meets in downtown Little Rock at the main library but due to C-19 is meeting online for now, with hopes to resume in-person meetings when it is possible.
Meeting Rules :
1) Meeting organizer, Lud Kozlowski, is available during the entire meeting time (6:30-8pm). If you are not able to make it at the start, please know that you can join in at ANYTIME during the meeting. Please do not think because you cannot make it in at 6:30pm. that you cannot join in if you cannot make it until 7pm.
2) Individuals who have previously attended our meetings are asked when logging in via a device to please input the name you have gone by during the meeting - this is to help the organizer recognize the regulars who have come to past meetings from potential new people.
3) No taunting or bullying of others (this has never been an issue at the library/in-person, addressing this because of the nature of the online venue and potential for new attendees). Any bullying or taunting will be met with a warning and if necessary dismissal from the room by the organizer. NOTE FROM LUD/THE ORGANIZER: “I have always felt it is important for this to be a support group for adults so we can be candid and honest. I do not believe in censoring our thoughts if something really is bothering us that we may not be able to chat about openly elsewhere but in the event we have new people who cross the line to taunt and bully other members in this group, that it is what it is here for.”
For more information:
Organizers hope to resume in-person meetings in the future, but due to the current public health crisis, that is to be determined.
REMINDER: Due to the Holidays, the group will meet on the third Wednesday of November and December of 2020. In January 2021, the group will go back to our 4th Wednesday schedule.
Upcoming Virtual Monthly Support Group - Dates & Times:
January 2021 - 01/27/2021
February - 02/24/2021
March - 03/24/2021
- No upcoming occurrences in the timeframe specified for this event.
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020 6:30pm - 8:00pm View other events on this day