CalendarView by: Month Week Day Submit an Event
GCDD NDEAM 2021 Employer Workshop - Understanding Drives Inclusion
October 27, 2021 12:00am
Location: Zoom Meeting / In-person TBD
Understanding Drives Inclusion - A workshop on how to be successful with the inclusive and equitable employment of people with developmental disabilities and why it is important to employers, employees and the wider community. The event will foster real discussions between hiring professionals and their disabled employees with on the job experience, potential employers, potential employees, family members and other advocates. The goal is to provide usable tips and tools for employers and boost inclusive hiring across Arkansas. You can expect to hear discussion on topics like these:
1. What was the initial process like: Application, Interview, Onboarding/Orientation, and Training?
2. How was the transition into the company and employee culture?
3. What has the employer and employee learned through this process?
Through the month of October, the Arkansas Governor’s Council on Developmental Disabilities (GCDD) will seek input from employers on why they do, or don’t, actively practice inclusive and equitable employment of those with developmental disabilities. During NDEAM, GCDD will launch a statewide survey for employers of all company sizes. This will help us to craft resources for employers and begin bridging the disability employment gap in Arkansas.
Take the Employer Survey, copy the following link and paste in your browser address line: https://bit.ly/GCDDEmployerSurvey
If you wish to attend the workshop, please contact Jonathan Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 682-2987.
- Wednesday, October 27, 2021 12:00am - 12:00pm View other events on this day
- No prior occurrences in the timeframe specified for this event.